SOUL SHAMAN – The masters of the metaphysical world they learn the art of Life transformation. They can do many great things with their powers such are healing the sick, protecting the weak or a darker art of stealing life. The Shaman’s primary goal is to be a well of resources and the conductor of pain and pleasure.
Hit Dice: d12
The class skills are Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Survival (Wis), Willpower (Wis).
Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Vitalists are proficient with all simple weapons and light armor, but not with shields. Armor does not, however, interfere with the manifestation of powers.
Shaman Path (Su) – A Shaman must pick one of three paths. Each path has a score that is associated with the Path. Once picked the shaman cannot change path unless he goes through the rite of passage.
Stone Defender (Wis) – At first level a shaman adds Biofeedback to his list of powers known. This does not count against his number of powers known.
Wave Mender (Cha) – At first level a shaman adds Natural Healing to his list of powers known. This does not count against his number of powers known.
Flame Bond (Cha)
Collection (Su) – As standard action a Shaman can make a connection to another person here by known as a bond. This bond allows to a Shaman to deliver a touch based powers from a distance away. At first 30ft and every level after that an additional 10ft up to 220ft at level 20. In order to start a connection there must be in contacted with one another and must be willing to make the connection.
Shaman Knack (Su) – A Shaman can select one of the knacks below as his Paths knack. As part of a collective a Shaman can give all of his allies this bonus.
Toughen: The guardian grants one member of his collective a +1 natural armor bonus for 1 minute.
Resistant: The guardian grants one member of his collective a +1 resistance bonus on saves for 1 minute.
Halt Death: As an immediate action the Shaman can target one member of his collective that is dying (at -1 hp or less). That creature is automatically stabilized and does not lose any further hit points.
Resist Condition: As an immediate action a shaman can take a condition from ally for 1 minute. You can only take one condition per person.
Fatigue: As a ranged touch attack, a shaman may cause a target to be fatigued for a number of rounds equal to his class level. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + shaman’s charisma modifier) negates this effect. This ability has no effect on a creature that is already fatigued.
Siphon: A shaman may direct a ray of energy at a target as a ranged touch attack. If it hits, the target suffers 1d3 points of damage, and the shaman, or one member of his collective (shaman’s choice), gains 1 temporary hit point for 1 minute
Transfer Wounds (Su) – All Shamans learn how to transfer wounds with but a touch. As a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, a shaman may touch a target and heal it for 1d6 points of damage. The shaman suffers the same number of points of non-lethal damage (up to the amount the target is actually healed) At 4th level and every 3 levels thereafter, the damage healed to the target and non-lethal damage taken by the shaman increases by 1d6. A shaman may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Shaman Score modifier. A shaman may not use this ability upon himself.
Shaman’s Talent(Su) – These talents are use when transfer wounds ability. Each of the Shaman gain one of the following abilities associated with each shaman path.
• Stone Defender – A shaman of 2nd level who utilizes transfer wounds grants the target a number of temporary hit points equal to his class level. These temporary hit points last a number of rounds equal to the Shaman’s Wisdom modifier (minimum 1) and do not stack with any other temporary hit points.
• Wave Mender – A shaman of 2nd level who utilizes transfer wounds heals the target an additional number of hit points equal to his class level. This additional healing is not transferred to the mender like the normal amount healed.
• Flame Sender – A shaman of 2nd level who utilizes transfer wounds can choose to instead deal the amount of damage that transfer wounds would normally heal plus the Shaman’s class level to the target, healing himself a number of hit points equal to the damage dealt. A shaman may not heal more hit points than the touched creature had prior to using this ability.
This ability may only be used on creatures with a Constitution score and may not be used against creatures in the shaman’s collective. A shaman may use this ability on creatures with a total number of hit dice less than half his shaman level, but he gains no healing from it.
Pulse (Su) – A shaman of 6th level can project a pulse of energy to all members of his collective as a free action by spending 1 power point. The effect of the pulse depends on the shaman’s chosen path. The pulse lasts one round.
•Stone Defender – As a free action, shaman of 6th level may project a pulse to all members of his collective by spending one power point, granting them DR 2/- for one round. Every three shaman levels thereafter, this DR increase by 1.
• Wave mender – As a free action, a shaman of 6th level may project a pulse to all members of his collective by spending one power point, granting fast healing 1 for one round. Every three shaman levels thereafter, this fast healing increase by 1. This healing is not eligible to be redirected using collective healing.
• Flame Sender– As a free action, a shaman of 6th level may project a pulse to all members of his collective by spending one power point, which empowers the attacks of the members of the collective for one round. Any successful damaging attack made with an attack roll made by a member of the collective heals the attacker for the damage dealt, up to 2 hit points of damage. Every three shaman levels thereafter, the maximum healing granted by this aura increases by 1.
Emergency action (Su) – As an Immediate action a Shaman can break his soul focus and deliver an effect out to his collective. The effect depends of the shaman’s path.
• Stone Defender – A shaman of 8th level may, as an immediate action and by expending his soul focus, grant a member of his collective a +1 insight bonus to AC or saves (Shaman’s choice) that lasts until the beginning of the target’s next turn. This insight bonus increases by +1 every four shaman levels thereafter.
• Wave Mender – A Shaman of 8th level may, as an immediate action and by expending his soul focus, heal a member of his collective as if he had used transfer wounds.
• Flame Sender – A Shaman of 8th level may, as an immediate action and by expending his Soul focus, transfer the wounds of a member of his collective to an enemy within 15 ft. of the ally for an amount of damage equal to the Shaman’s transfer wounds ability. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma modifier) negates the effect.
Master Shaman (Su) – A shaman has reached the panicle of his soul weaving abilities. Depending on which path he took he gains one of the following abilities.
Stone Defender – A Shaman of 20th level, as a full-round-action and expending his soul focus can select one member of his collective gain the following abilities: Damage resistance 20/-, resistance 20 against any attack that deals acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic damage, and a +6 deflection bonus to AC. This lasts for one minute, the Shaman can do this every ten minutes.
Wave Mender – A shaman of 20th level is capable of healing even the most grievous of injuries. As a full-round action and by expending his soul focus, the mender can heal a member of his collective to full health, including restoring any ability drain, removing fatigue or exhaustion, and curing any poisons or diseases. The shaman can use this ability once every 10 minutes.
Flame Bond – A Shaman of 20th level learns how to siphon the life out of a creature. Once every 10 minutes, the shaman can choose one target to which he has line of sight and, as a full-round action and by expending his Soul focus, begin draining the target of health (12d6 points of empathic damage) which is then transferred to the collective and heals an equal amount of damage. A successful Will save (DC 20 + Cha modifier) negates the effect. Each round, the target may attempt another Will save to negate the effect. The Shaman can maintain concentration to continue the damage each round, for up to one minute. Any damage done after all members of the collective are healed completely instead grants temporary hit points to any member of the collective (Shaman’s choice) for 10 minutes. The shaman may divide these temporary hit points as he so chooses among members of the collective.
Original production is Vitalitist of Paizo’s Expanded Psionincs